Thursday, August 30, 2012

Introduction to Me


can·did

  [kan-did]  Show IPA
adjective
1.
frank; outspoken; open and sincere:

I want to be the open and sincere part of candid. That's the candid I am aiming for.

I have been described as being blunt. I have been described as being candid.  I think that in general this is a good thing. You do not have to wonder what I am thinking because I will tell you.  I have unintentionally offended people before because, well, I am human and sometimes my speaking filter gets broken. However, it is always on accident. I can not ever recall intentionally trying to make someone feel bad. That would be awful.  

This blog is for me to say how I think and feel about things. Mostly this is on the topic of Mormonism but I am also happy to address topics like being a mom, a wife, a military spouse, a jeweler, a cultural anthropologist, etc. My other blog is meant primarily as a picture blog/scrapbook on my little family. This blog is for more important text ideas and feelings that I have. 

I am Laura Beynon Hughes. I like to swim, sing, write songs and books, read, craft, cook (but I'm not awesome at it), make jewelry (www.zariasbox.com), and I like to get to know people.  Because I don't like the game of getting to know people and being all slow to open up, I just be who I am. If people don't like me; they don't like me. I prefer that if you do not like me, that you do not tell me. I might seem like I can take it, but I have sensitive feelings.

My college roommate told me that I am like a pineapple- all rough and spiky on the outside, kinda hard to get into, but very sweet on the inside. Oh, and hardcore.
My brother told me that I am cilantro. He often assigns people to a spice. There are salt people who are just people who kinda get along with everyone and anyone and are there but don't make a scene of themselves.  Some people are sugar; they sweeten every situation and go around being nice and spreading kindness but are also kinda reserved.  There are spices for everyone. I am cilantro. If cilantro is in a dish, you know it. There is really nothing subtle about it. Its a potent taste and you either like it or you don't.  


No comments:

Post a Comment